The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri, has been charged by President Muhammadu Buhari to set a standard for good governance that will help reinforce confidence in Nigeria’s younger political leader.
The President stated this in a congratulatory statement released through his spokesperson, Garba Shehu, to mark the governor’s 52nd birthday anniversary celebration.
President Buhari said, “I am proud to say that you have started off well. You should therefore not rest on your oars until the people feel the impact of good governance. Your performance will be the yardstick by which our youth will be rated in this democracy.”
“My administration is fully committed to supporting our youth to succeed because the country looks upon them for future leadership. As one of our youngest leaders, let your performance be an inspiration for others, thereby galvanising our youth to participate actively in making Nigeria a better country.”
President noted that one of the challenges affecting our democracy is poverty and leaders at all levels are expected to fight against it because of its influence on criminality in the country.
Buhari charged Governor Fintiri to address the problem of youth restiveness caused by unemployment which in turn, leads to crime.
- President Buhari Can See But Has No Vision: Reno Omokri
- Atiku Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement
- APC Can’t Escape Justice At Supreme Court: PDP
- Reno Omokri Reveals Real Reasons For Buhari’s Planned Trip To London
- Ohaneze Urges President Buhari To Change The Name Of Nigeria (See Why)
- Buhari’s Trip: Nigeria Doomed Under Buhari – AYCF
- Fire Guts FIRS Headquarters
- Jonathan Speaks On Working With APC Ahead Bayelsa Guber
- Oyo: Ladoja, Alli, Speaks On Dumping ZLP
- ISIS Picks Abdullah Qardash ‘The Professor’ As It New Leader