The EFCC accused Babalele of allegedly laundering about 140,000 dollars, in the build-up to the last general elections.
The defendant was first arraigned on Aug. 14, during the court’s vacation before Justice Nicholas Oweibo, who sat as vacation judge.
He had pleaded not guilty to the charge and was granted bail in the sum of N20 million with one surety in like sum.
However, following a re-assignment of the case file to a new judge, Justice Chukwujekwu Aneke, the defendant was re-arraigned on Tuesday.
He also pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Justice Aneke granted his request to continue on the earlier bail condition granted him by Justice Oweibo.
Meanwhile, after his re-arraignment, Babalele applied to the court for a release of his international passport to enable him travel abroad for medical treatment.
But the prosecution counsel, Mr Rotimi Oyedepo who appeared with A.O Mohammed, opposed the application, arguing that there was no proof that his condition could not be treated in Nigeria.
Justice Aneke has however, adjourned until Octt. 11 for ruling on the bail application.
In the charge, EFCC accused the defendant of “procuring one Mohammed to make a cash payment of the sum of 140,000 dollars, without going through any financial institution.”
The prosecution said that the money exceeded the threshold stipulated by the Money laundering Act
He said that the defendant made committed the offence on Feb. 20.
The offences contravenes the provisions of Section 16(2) and 18 (c) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011.
- NLC Speaks On Issuing Strike Notice
- Just In: Gunmen Injure School Principal, Kill Police Sergeant
- FG Set To Reduce Salaries, Allowances For Governors, Others
- Secret Recruitment: Job Scandal Rocks Nigerian Senate
- Full List Of Documents Required For National ID Card Enrollment
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Sends ‘Strong Message’ To Southeast Governors
- FG, Labour End Minimum Wage Meeting, Fresh Decision Taken
- How Buhari Has Improved Nigeria’s Security Situation – Lai Mohammed
- Rice Smuggling: Court Orders Freezing Of 45 Bank Accounts
- Donald Trump Set To Impose Stiffer Penalties On Turkish Government
- How Aisha Buhari Attacked Us In Aso Rock – Mamman Daura’s Daughter
- Journalist Reveals Dirty Secrets About Nigeria Police
- Its Wrong To Say 8th National Assembly Frustrated President Buhari – Clarke
- 2023: Power Won’t Return To North Until 50 Years – Fani-Kayode
- Budget 2020: Jonathan, IBB, Obasanjo, Others To Share N2.3 Billion
- 2020 Budget: Falana Tells Buhari Govt How To Fund Budget
- Sanusi Speaks On Sacking Aide For Celebrating Ganduje
- Just In: Boko Haram Leader Sends Message To Buhari, Borno Govt
- APC Reacts To Attack On Oshiomhole’s Residence, Tells IGP What To Do
- Why I Left Nigeria For Two Months – Aisha Buhari