Kanu made this statement in reaction to the tanker explosions recorded in Onitsha, the commercial nerve of Anambra State, Southeast Nigeria, which he described as a “coordinated terror attack by the Muslim terrorist Alimajiris from Northern Nigeria.”
Melody Blog had reported earlier that a tanker exploded in Onitsha on Wednesday, October 16. The inferno started when the tanker spilled its product and subsequently ignited the fire outbreak.
This online news platform understands that the explosion in its wake left a woman and her child burnt to death.
Reacting to the fire accident at the Ochanja market, the second biggest market in Onitsha, Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State directed owners of properties affected by the tragic accident, including shop owners, to report at the Conference Room of the Secretary to the State Government on Monday, October 21, 2019, to see how the Anambra State Government can assist them.
Unfortunately, two days after the explosion at Ochanja market, another tragedy occurred after a tanker laden with fuel, fell at Omaba Phase 2, Onitsha.
Reacting to the two explosions in a tweet on the micro-blogging site, Twitter, Kanu said “IPOB will resist the evil plan by Fulani caliphate” to cripple “Biafra land” economically and turn Southeast politicians to “beggers like Alimajiris.”
The IPOB leader tweeted: “IPOB will resist the evil plan by Fulani caliphate to keep the people of Biafra in perpetual bondage, cripple us economically and turn our politicians to beggers like Alimajiris.”
IPOB will resist the evil plan by Fulani caliphate to keep the people of Biafra in perpetual bondage, cripple us economically and turn our politicians to beggers like Alimajiris.
I will be broadcasting on Radio Biafra platforms.
Date: Oct 19, 2019
Time: 7 pm Biafraland Time
— Mazi Nnamdi Kanu (@MaziNnamdiKanu) October 19, 2019
Meanwhile, Kanu is leading a group (IPOB) seeking secession from Nigeria.
The group has since been proscribed by the Federal Government of Nigeria led by President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Why We Are At War With Obaseki: APC Chieftain
- KogDecides: INEC Declares 30 Staff Missing
- Blame Yourselves, Not Old People — Jonathan To Nigerian Youths
- Election: IGP Withdraws Security Aides Of Bayelsa, Kogi Governors
- GEJ Gives Condition That Will Force Politicians To Stop Recruiting Thugs
- Why Atiku, PDP’s Case Against Buhari Was Dismissed: Supreme Court
- APC Will Participate In Bayelsa Guber Election, Appeal Court Rules
- DSS DG Has Stopped Taking My Calls Over Sowore’s Matter – Falana
- Bayelsa Guber: APC Has No Candidate As Court Sacks Lyon
- We Will Monitor Bayelsa Governorship Election Closely — U.S