President Muhammadu Buhari has extended the tenure of his Chief Personal Security Officer (CPSO), Abdulkarim Dauda, by three years.
Dauda, who’s a nephew to the president, would clock the constituted 35 years as a civil servant in January 2020.
By the president’s approval, Dauda, who was enlisted into the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) as a Cadet Officer on January 1, 1985, will remain in office till May 13, 2023 when he’s 60 years old.
In a notice conveying Dauda’s tenure extension, Force Secretary, Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali, directed the Force’s Department of Information Technology to amend their records to reflect the new development.
The notice with reference number 23853/FS/FHQ/ABJ/46 seen by Punch, read, “The President, Commander in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Chairman, Police Council, has graciously approved the extension of service of CP Abdulkarim Dauda to May 13, 2023, when he would have attained 60 years of age. Commissioner, Information Technology, amend your records please.”
Before being posted to the State House as CPSO to the President, Dauda had served in different police commands and formations.
- Its Wrong To Say 8th National Assembly Frustrated President Buhari – Clarke
- 2020 Budget: Falana Tells Buhari Govt How To Fund Budget
- Just In: Boko Haram Leader Sends Message To Buhari, Borno Govt
- Buhari Bans Ministers From Foreign Trips Over 2020 Budget
- Buhari Will Soon Regulate Online Media, Lai Mohammed says
- Details Of Buhari’s 2020 Budget Presentation To The National Assembly
- Federal Government May Sack Workers (See Reasons)
- Maryam Uwais Sues Leadership Newspaper, Demands N2 Billion
- Labour Gives Buhari Govt Deadline Over Minimum Wage (Full Text)
- Xenophobic Attack: President Buhari Arrives South Africa (PHOTOS)
- Buhari Govt. Gives Support & Patronage To Innocent Chukwuma
- NOUN Students Praise Buhari for Signing Their Law
- Pastor Bakare Insists He Will Succeed Buhari as President
- Nigeria Re-elected Into ICAO Council
- Gov. Ayade Grateful to Buhari Over Bakassi Deep Sea Port Approval
- NLC Speaks On Issuing Strike Notice
- Just In: Gunmen Injure School Principal, Kill Police Sergeant
- FG Set To Reduce Salaries, Allowances For Governors, Others
- Secret Recruitment: Job Scandal Rocks Nigerian Senate
- Full List Of Documents Required For National ID Card Enrollment