Last updated on October 28, 2019
Canon Collins Trust acts as a nominating agency for Commonwealth Scholarships. We annually nominate 14 individuals for fully-funded Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s or PhD study at any UK university.
- Application Deadline: 30th October 2019 16:00 (GMT)
- To be Taken at (Country): UK
- Type: Masters, PhD
- Number of Awards: 14
- Duration of Scholarships: 12 months for Masters and up to 36 months for PhD
Table of Contents
Field(s) of Study:
In 2019 scholarships are offered under six development themes and all candidates must apply under one of these themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships:
To apply for this scholarship through Canon Collins Trust you must:
Be a national of, or have refugee status, and be permanently resident in one of the following countries: Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique or Zambia
By October 2020, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class (2:2) degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (a Master’s degree)
Not be registered for a PhD at a UK university, or in your home country or elsewhere
Have the support of a potential supervisor from at least one UK university listed in your application form
Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format. Applications with any outstanding documents or reference letters will not be considered!
Value of Scholarships
Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- Stipend (living allowance)
- Family allowances
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
For PhD Scholars, fieldwork grant towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location), where approved
For PhD Scholars, paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed (or intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarship, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork).
This scholarship is now open for applications. All applications must be submitted via the CSC online application system available here.
Your application must include all supporting documentation, including all reference letters, by 16:00 (GMT) on 20 November 2019 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration.
It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying. Visit award webpage for details.
- Eni Nigeria 2020 One-Year Post National Diploma Industrial Training Programme
- Ezera Research Fellowship 2020 for African Students
- 2020 Harambe Entrepreneur Alliance Scholarships for Africans
- UNU-EHS Fully-funded Scholarships for Developing Countries
- University of Derby Regional High Achievers Scholarship 2020/2021
- UNICEF Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge 2019/2020
- (MoBreed) Masters & PhD Scholarships for African Students
- Africa Energy Fellowship Program 2020 for Professionals
- Novo Nordisk International Talent Program 2019 – Denmark
- NITDA Postgraduate Scholarships 2019/2020 for Nigerians