Chelsea right-back, Derrick Abu has pledged his allegiance to Nigeria, following the recent turn down by Tammy Abraham and Tomiri who decided to play for England.
According to Allnigeriasoccer, the defender confirmed has pledged his international future to Nigeria.
A further report had it that the Chelsea defender wanted to feature for the Golden Eaglets at the ongoing 2019 FIFA Under 17 World Cup but failed to establish contact with the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, and coach Manu Garba.
The Chelsea right-back who has been impressive for the Blues U18 this season is eligible to represent England at international level.
He was included in Chelsea’s squad that defeated Wolves 3-2 in the Under 18 Premier League Cup on Wednesday.
- Former England Manager Charged With Not Wanting To Sign A Nigerian Player Because He’s ‘Black’
- Tottenham Sack Coach, Appoints Jose Mourinho With Immediate Effect
- Tottenham Signs Jose Mourinho As New Coach
- Nigerian Football Star, Sani Emmanuel, Reveals Why He Hasn’t Been Able To Continue Playing
- AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles Defeat Lesotho
- Mikel Obi Reveals Laziest Chelsea Player He Has Ever Trained
- Ronaldo Scores Hatrick To Set New Goal Scoring Record (Video)
- Lionel Messi Reveals Only Player He Once Begged For A Shirt Swap
- Victor Osimen, Samuel Kalu Strike As Super Eagles Defeat Benin Republic
- U23 African Cup Of Nations: Nigeria Beat Zambia