A Federal High Court in Lagos will on Tuesday, October 22, begin the trial of popular Nigerian Musician, Azeez Fashola popularly known by his stage name as Naira Marley.
Melody Blog understands that the trial is not unconnected to the fraud charge the Nigerian artiste is facing.
The trial of Naira Marley comes as a follow-up to the trial he’s facing with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that had preferred an 11-count charge against the musician bordering on conspiracy, possession of counterfeit cards, and fraud.
Also mentioned in the charge is one Yad Isril, who is said to still be at large.
Recall that the “Am I a Yahoo Boy” crooner was arraigned on May 20 before Justice Nicholas Oweibo but denied the charges. Following a bail application by defence counsel, Mr. Olalekan Ojo, (SAN), the court had granted Fashola bail in the sum of N2 million with sureties in like sum.
However, the trial of Naira Marley which was earlier fixed for Monday has now been shifted to Tuesday, October 22.
- Zlatan Excited As Davido Takes Him, Crew On A Shopping Spree
- Female Naira Marley Emerges Online, Goes Viral
- ‘You Say You Are African Giant, Prove It’ – Rapper AKA Tells Burna Boy
- Burna Boy Replies AKA’s Apology Demand
- Tonto Dikeh Reacts As Fans Address Her As ‘King Tonto’ In Dubai
- ‘I Am Still Single And Probably Searching’, Says BBnaija’s Kim Oprah
- Social Media Agog As Footage Of Unhappy Bride Goes Viral (VIDEO)
- Nollywood Actress Tonto Dikeh Reveals Relationship With Ex-Mother-In-Law
- BBNaija Housemates And Celebrity Photographers At LFW 2019 Captured Through The Lens Of The Camon 12 Pro
- Why I Mention Dangote, Otedola In My Songs: Teni