A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, has suspended proceedings until around 1 pm for ruling on the terrorism-related case brought against Omoyele Sowore and one other.
We reports that the suspension of the proceedings on the bail application was announced by Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu on Thursday morning, October 4.
This online news platform understands that Justice Ojukwu announced the suspension of proceedings in the case after taking arguments from parties on the bail application by Sowore and his co-defendant, Olawale Adebayo Bakare also known as Mandate.
We reported that human rights attorney Femi Falana (SAN) represented the defendants while Hassan Liman (SAN) led the prosecution’s legal team to argue against the bail application.
- NLC Speaks On Issuing Strike Notice
- Just In: Gunmen Injure School Principal, Kill Police Sergeant
- FG Set To Reduce Salaries, Allowances For Governors, Others
- Secret Recruitment: Job Scandal Rocks Nigerian Senate
- Full List Of Documents Required For National ID Card Enrollment
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Sends ‘Strong Message’ To Southeast Governors
- FG, Labour End Minimum Wage Meeting, Fresh Decision Taken
- How Buhari Has Improved Nigeria’s Security Situation – Lai Mohammed
- Rice Smuggling: Court Orders Freezing Of 45 Bank Accounts
- Donald Trump Set To Impose Stiffer Penalties On Turkish Government
- How Aisha Buhari Attacked Us In Aso Rock – Mamman Daura’s Daughter
- Journalist Reveals Dirty Secrets About Nigeria Police
- Its Wrong To Say 8th National Assembly Frustrated President Buhari – Clarke
- 2023: Power Won’t Return To North Until 50 Years – Fani-Kayode
- Budget 2020: Jonathan, IBB, Obasanjo, Others To Share N2.3 Billion
- 2020 Budget: Falana Tells Buhari Govt How To Fund Budget
- Sanusi Speaks On Sacking Aide For Celebrating Ganduje
- Just In: Boko Haram Leader Sends Message To Buhari, Borno Govt
- APC Reacts To Attack On Oshiomhole’s Residence, Tells IGP What To Do
- Why I Left Nigeria For Two Months – Aisha Buhari