The EFCC raided INEC’s Zamfara office following a petition by one of the INEC ad-hoc staff. Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have uncovered about N65.5 million during a raid on the Zamfara office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The recovered funds stacked in two fire proof safes, were recovered by the EFCC officials of Sokoto zonal office during a search conducted in offices of the HOD Accounts and Cashier of the INEC, Zamfara State.
In a statement made available to the public, the anti-graft agency noted that the recovered funds, N65,548,000 in total, comprises 81 bundle of N1000 notes, 97 bundles of N500 notes and 96 pieces of N500 notes.
The money, according to the EFCC, is suspected to be 40% illegally deducted on funds released to the INEC office in Zamfara, to cater for the rent of canopies, tables and chairs, as well as funds for Registration Area Center (RAC) and movement of men and materials to polling units, by the HOD Accounts & Cashier.
The commission said the suspects would be arraigned in court as soon as investigation is completed.
- NLC Speaks On Issuing Strike Notice
- Just In: Gunmen Injure School Principal, Kill Police Sergeant
- FG Set To Reduce Salaries, Allowances For Governors, Others
- Secret Recruitment: Job Scandal Rocks Nigerian Senate
- Full List Of Documents Required For National ID Card Enrollment
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Sends ‘Strong Message’ To Southeast Governors
- FG, Labour End Minimum Wage Meeting, Fresh Decision Taken
- How Buhari Has Improved Nigeria’s Security Situation – Lai Mohammed
- Rice Smuggling: Court Orders Freezing Of 45 Bank Accounts
- Donald Trump Set To Impose Stiffer Penalties On Turkish Government
- How Aisha Buhari Attacked Us In Aso Rock – Mamman Daura’s Daughter
- Journalist Reveals Dirty Secrets About Nigeria Police
- Its Wrong To Say 8th National Assembly Frustrated President Buhari – Clarke
- 2023: Power Won’t Return To North Until 50 Years – Fani-Kayode
- Budget 2020: Jonathan, IBB, Obasanjo, Others To Share N2.3 Billion
- 2020 Budget: Falana Tells Buhari Govt How To Fund Budget
- Sanusi Speaks On Sacking Aide For Celebrating Ganduje
- Just In: Boko Haram Leader Sends Message To Buhari, Borno Govt
- APC Reacts To Attack On Oshiomhole’s Residence, Tells IGP What To Do
- Why I Left Nigeria For Two Months – Aisha Buhari