The Erasmus Mundus Joint Scholarships, funded by the European Union, are exclusively awarded to students coming from both EU and non-EU countries that have been selected to attend one of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes at Masters or Doctorate level.
About 116 Masters courses are supported by the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMDs) scholarships.
The field(s) of study covered are usually:
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Manufacture and Construction
- Health and Welfare
- Humanities and Arts
- Mathematics and Computing
- Social Sciences
- Business and Law.
Table of Contents
Erasmus Mundus Joint Scholarships
Application Deadline: Most consortia will require applications to be submitted between October and January, for courses starting the following academic year.
- Offered annually? Yes
- Eligible Countries: Nigerian, EU and Non-EU Countries
- To be taken at (country): European Universities/Institutions participating under approved Erasmus Mundus Action Joint Programmes.
- Award Provider: European Commission
- Type: Masters (Joint Degree)
- Duration of Scholarship: EMJMDs last between 12 and 24 months.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Programme defines its own selection criteria and admission procedures. Students or scholars should contact the Consortium offering the Masters Programmes for more information
Value of Scholarship:
The programme offers full-time scholarships and/or fellowships that cover monthly allowance, participation costs, travelling and insurance costs of the students. Scholarship amounts can vary according to the level of studies, the duration of studies, and the scholar’s nationality (scholarships for non-EU students are higher than for EU students).
How to Apply:
Students, doctoral candidates, teachers, researchers and other academic staff should address their applications directly to the selected Erasmus Mundus masters and doctoral programmes
- (Action 1) and to the selected Erasmus Mundus partnerships
- (Action 2), in accordance with the application conditions defined by the selected consortium/partnership
You are advised to consult in advance the websites of each of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes that interest you. There you will find all necessary information concerning the content of the course, its structure, the scholarship amounts as well as the application and selection procedures.
It is important to visit the official website (link below) and an EMJMD site for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. For more information about the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2020/2021 for Study in Europe, visit the official website.
- Eni Nigeria 2020 One-Year Post National Diploma Industrial Training Programme
- Ezera Research Fellowship 2020 for African Students
- 2020 Harambe Entrepreneur Alliance Scholarships for Africans
- UNU-EHS Fully-funded Scholarships for Developing Countries
- University of Derby Regional High Achievers Scholarship 2020/2021
- UNICEF Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge 2019/2020
- (MoBreed) Masters & PhD Scholarships for African Students
- Africa Energy Fellowship Program 2020 for Professionals
- Novo Nordisk International Talent Program 2019 – Denmark
- NITDA Postgraduate Scholarships 2019/2020 for Nigerians