Super Eagles head coach, Gernot Rohr, has said he would not invite players who don’t get playing time with their various clubs to the Super Eagles.
Melody Blog reports that the Super Eagles are set to take on Benin Republic and Lesotho in the 2021 AFCON qualifiers against Benin Republic and Lesotho.
Speaking to SportingLife, the Super Eagles Media Officer, Toyin Ibitoye also hinted that Rohr’s team might look completely different from the ones that faced Ukraine and Brazil.
“We are expecting to have active players in the team because we cannot afford to experiment now as there is no time again; we are hoping that none of the players will have injury,” he said.
“I must also let you know that there would not be any change from the squad that played against Brazil and Ukraine.
“With less than two weeks to the encounter, the list will soon be released to the media. But don’t expect any surprises in the team.”
- Former England Manager Charged With Not Wanting To Sign A Nigerian Player Because He’s ‘Black’
- Tottenham Sack Coach, Appoints Jose Mourinho With Immediate Effect
- Tottenham Signs Jose Mourinho As New Coach
- Nigerian Football Star, Sani Emmanuel, Reveals Why He Hasn’t Been Able To Continue Playing
- AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles Defeat Lesotho
- Mikel Obi Reveals Laziest Chelsea Player He Has Ever Trained
- Ronaldo Scores Hatrick To Set New Goal Scoring Record (Video)
- Lionel Messi Reveals Only Player He Once Begged For A Shirt Swap
- Victor Osimen, Samuel Kalu Strike As Super Eagles Defeat Benin Republic
- U23 African Cup Of Nations: Nigeria Beat Zambia