This initiative aims to contribute to and stimulate debate on governance, development, and the relationship between them. Participants from a range of African countries, and representative of the academic, civil society and government sectors, are selected each year to take part in the residential school.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation in association with SOAS and the Centre of African Studies-University of London is organising aone-week ResidentialSchool, date/place tbcon the topic of‘Governance and Development in Africa’.
The residential school is for 20participants who are policy makers, academics, researchers or civil society representatives from any African country who will gain, through this training, new ideas and knowledge on the broad issue of governance and development.
GDAI welcome applications from a wide range of backgrounds.
Applicants should have at least an MSc degree in areas related to Governance or 5 years professional experiences in fields relevant to the theme of Governance and Development in Africa.
The official language of the School is English. Application Deadline: 30 November 2019.
All costs for successful applicants, including economy flights, visa costs, accommodation and meal, will be covered. No per diem.
Applications should include:
1.2 page max CV (including email address for correspondence)
2.One reference letter (can be emailed directly by referee to firstname.lastname@example.org)
3.Proposal of max 1000 words outlining research interest and/or professional background and how the applicant will benefit from attending the Residential School
For more information about the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative Residential School 2020, visit the official program website here.
- PZ Cussons Nigeria Engineering Graduate Trainee Program for Nigerian Graduates
- 2019 Bayelsa State Bursary Scheme For Undergraduate Degree for Poly & University Students
- UNICEF Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge 2019/2020
- 2020 Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) Limited 1Year Post National Diploma Industrial Training Programme
- African Development Bank Young Professionals Program 2020
- Eni Nigeria 2020 One-Year Post National Diploma Industrial Training Programme
- Ezera Research Fellowship 2020 for African Students
- Union Bank Management Trainee Programme 2020 for Nigerians
- Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge for Student 2020
- 2020 Harambe Entrepreneur Alliance Scholarships for Africans