Last updated on May 21, 2020
Registration for the 2020 InterswitchSPAK 3.0 National Science Competition is currently ongoing. And the deadline for the registration is on Sunday 26th April 2020.
The competition is an annual public and private secondary school search in Nigeria reserved for 2nd grade (grade 11) students ages 14-17.
UPDATE: We hereby inform you that InterswitchSPAK3.0 Qualifying exam scheduled for 2nd May, 2020 has been postponed indefinitely until schools resume. However, registration is still on going.
The InterswitchSPAK competition is presented to show the ideal career path and guide students to their potential and fulfill their dreams with a key message to promote the interests of the students, parents, teachers, and other key stakeholders in STEM education and its use in Africa.
2020 InterswitchSPAK 3.0 Competition
Over the years, research has revealed that the quality of STEM education in Africa, like other core areas in Africa, has steadily and gradually declined. This is as a result of various challenges such as poverty; inadequate funding; lack of interest from students; unqualified teachers; inadequate learning aids, incessant strikes/ industrial actions, just to mention a few.
In promoting the various opportunities for a sound education for the African student especially as it relates to STEM, InterswitchSPAK Switch-a-Future Initiative is being introduced predominantly for high school students to chart the ideal career path and drive them towards full optimization of their potentials/fulfillment of their dreams
Aim of InterswitchSPAK
- Raising and maintaining interest and interest in studying STEM at secondary schools throughout Africa.
- Increase the level of STEM education and reward excellence with educational grants through an impartial competition that would promote quality education in Africa.
- Build a vehicle that is truly interested in the growth, development, and well-being of African students and teachers through various interventions, including scholarship programs for exceptional STEM students.
Level/Field of Study
Participation in Interswitchspak 2020 is available for SSS2 students (11th grade) pursuing the area of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) in Full-time education at public and private schools in Nigeria and are between 14 and 17 years of age.
iSPAK 2020 is been hosted in Nigeria. There are many examination centers throughout Nigeria. If you are an international student and you wish to access a Nigerian scholarship.
Interswitch SPAK Competition Eligible Nationalities
Interswitch Spak Competition is made available for secondary school students who are citizens of Nigeria and Kenya.
iSPAK 3.0 Prizes
All students who make it to the TV quiz competition round would get plaques, certificate of participation and educational grants amongst other things:
InterswitchSPAK winners will win the following (suggested) prizes aside from cash:
- 1st Prize: Five (5) years University Scholarship + annual stipend worth of ₦7,500,000, a brand new laptop and a bragging right of being the best science student in Nigeria.
- 2nd Prize: Three (3) years University Scholarship worth of ₦4,000,000 and a brand new laptop.
- 3rd Prize: One (1) year University Scholarship worth of ₦1,000,000 and a brand new laptop.
InterswitchSPAK Competition Eligibility
Following the Interswitch SPAK aims, each school must present their six (6) best science students (SS2 students), regardless of religion, tribe or country of origin, to increase their chances of the second round of the competition. At mixed schools at least two of the six (6) students presented must be females.
However, for a student to qualify, he or she must adhere to the following: