Arsenal midfield maestro Mesut Ozil has reacted to the Gunners penalty defeat to Liverpool in the Carabao Cup.
Unai Emery’s side led the Premier League leaders 2-1 and 4-2 on Wednesday evening, but the game finished 5-5 after 90 minutes.
Divock Origi’s 94th-minute acrobatic goal sent the tie to penalties and Liverpool goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher saved Dani Ceballos’ effort to clinch a 5-4 shootout win.
Ozil made only his third appearance of the season for Arsenal during the match and played a key role in two of Arsenal’s goals.
To the amazement of Arsenal fans, the German was subbed off by Emery in the 65th minute.
Reacting to the result in a post on Instagram, Ozil said the team can take a number of positives from their painful defeat to Liverpool at Anfield.
“Crazy and incredible match. Losing on penalties is always tough, but definitely some positive things to take away from Anfield Road tonight,” he wrote.
“Thanks for the away support! Focus on Wolverhampton now.”
- Former England Manager Charged With Not Wanting To Sign A Nigerian Player Because He’s ‘Black’
- Tottenham Sack Coach, Appoints Jose Mourinho With Immediate Effect
- Tottenham Signs Jose Mourinho As New Coach
- Nigerian Football Star, Sani Emmanuel, Reveals Why He Hasn’t Been Able To Continue Playing
- AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles Defeat Lesotho
- Mikel Obi Reveals Laziest Chelsea Player He Has Ever Trained
- Ronaldo Scores Hatrick To Set New Goal Scoring Record (Video)
- Lionel Messi Reveals Only Player He Once Begged For A Shirt Swap
- Victor Osimen, Samuel Kalu Strike As Super Eagles Defeat Benin Republic
- U23 African Cup Of Nations: Nigeria Beat Zambia