Last updated on October 17, 2019
Maastricht University High Potential scholarships are offered by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund in order to encourage talented students from outside the EU/EEA to undertake a Master’s programme at Maastricht University.
The Holland High Potential Scholarship consists of a High Potential Scholarship combined with a Holland Scholarship.
The High Potential Scholarship is intended for excellent students from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) who wish to do a master’s or a professional education programme at Maastricht University.
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
- Application Deadline: 1st February 2020
- Offered annually? Yes
- Eligible Countries: International students from a country outside the EU/EEA.
- To be taken at (country): Netherlands
- Type: Masters
- Award Provider: Maastricht University
- Duration of Scholarship:
- 13 months in the case of a one-year master’s programme
- 25 months in the case of a two-year master’s programme
Table of Contents
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please click here for a full list of the Master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2020.
You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence.
If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2020-2021 scholarship programme applicants.
Value of Scholarship:
- Living expenses: € 12,350 (13 months) or € 23,750 (25 months)
- Insurances: € 700
- Visa costs: € 171
- Tuition fees: € 13,800 € 15,500 or € 16,800 depending on the tuition of your study programme
- Pre-Academic Training Costs: € 695
How to Apply:
Interested students can find the steps to apply for this scholarship in the Scholarship Webpage. In the section Application and Selection, you may go through information about how to fill and send the application form.
This differs per faculty. Visit the scholarship website for more detailed information.
- Eni Nigeria 2020 One-Year Post National Diploma Industrial Training Programme
- Ezera Research Fellowship 2020 for African Students
- 2020 Harambe Entrepreneur Alliance Scholarships for Africans
- UNU-EHS Fully-funded Scholarships for Developing Countries
- University of Derby Regional High Achievers Scholarship 2020/2021
- UNICEF Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge 2019/2020
- (MoBreed) Masters & PhD Scholarships for African Students
- Africa Energy Fellowship Program 2020 for Professionals
- Novo Nordisk International Talent Program 2019 – Denmark
- NITDA Postgraduate Scholarships 2019/2020 for Nigerians