Manchester United suffered its first Europa League defeat as Astana came from a goal down to secure victory.
With the visitors having already qualified for the last 32, manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took a squad packed with academy graduates and chose an XI with an average age of 21.6 years – the youngest fielded in European competition.
Also Read: Rashford Scores As Manchester United Romp To Victory
Jesse Lingard, gave United a 10th-minute lead when his low-angled strike found Nenad Eric’s bottom left corner. It ended a goal drought dating back to January.
United conceded their first goal of the group stage when Dmitriy Shomko’s deflected drive beat the reach of Lee Grant.
Six-time Kazakh champions delivered another blow shortly afterwards when Antonio Rukavina’s cross went in off the body of Di’Shon Bernard.
Share your thoughts on this post Manchester United Suffer First Europa Loss In Kazakhstan appeared first on Melody Blog.
- Real Madrid Move To Top Of LaLiga Table With Victory Over Alaves
- Newcastle Deny Mancity Victory At Death
- Manchester City Move Up To Second With Draw At Newcastle
- Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Continue Winning Streak
- IFFHS: Messi Wins 2019 Playmaker Award
- Europa League: Arsenal Suffer Shock Defeat
- Andy Ruiz Will Defeat Anthony Joshua Again: Tyson Fury
- Arsenal Sack Unai Emery With Immediate Effect
- Arsenal Appoints Former Player, Fredrick Ljungberg As Interim Coach
- UEFA Champions League: Jose Mourinho’s Tactical Switch Turns The Game On Its Head At Two Goals Down