Last updated on October 28, 2019
MTN MoMo Developer Hackathon 2019. MTN is now seeking businesses, entrepreneurs and developers across the continent to innovate around and leverage Mobile Money to accelerate financial inclusion and payment digitization.
Melody Blog announce that MTN is excited to invite developers and entrepreneurs across 5 countries to participate in the MTN MoMo API Hackathon.
The Hackathon which is in partnership with Ericsson will give App developers based in Ghana, Uganda, Cote d’Ivoire, Cameroon and Zambia the opportunity to come up with innovative financial and transnational applications using the MTN mobile money (MoMo) API platform.
In its commitment to bridge the financial inclusion gap, MTN Group has made it’s Mobile Money platform available across its footprint through the MoMo API program.
MTN MoMo Developer Hackathon
- Application Deadline: 09 December, 2019 12:59 AM WAT
- Prizes: USD 7000 in prizes
- Main Prizes:
- 1st Prize USD 2500
- 2nd Prize USD 2000
- 3rd Prize USD 1500
This is a team participation hackathon. You can have at most 4 members in your team.
You can either invite your friends to form a team or you can request other teams to add you as a member. At least 2 members of your team must be located in the country you have applied from.
It’s an online hackathon, so you can participate from anywhere.
The hackathon comprises of two phases: The idea submission phase that commences at 00:01 on 21 October 2019 and that ends at 23:59 on 08 December 2019 and then the build phase that will commence at 00:01 on 10 December 2019 and will end at 23:59 on 22 December 2019.
Only the top 12 (twelve) participants’ ideas per country (Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Uganda and Zambia) submitted during the idea submission phase will be invited to participate in the build phase to develop a working prototype of an App based on the idea submitted.
There is one general theme for the hackathon and your hack must be in accordance with this general theme. You need to use the MTN Mobile Money APIs for your hack.
Once the hackathon starts, you will get an option to submit your hack, you can submit as many times as you want, the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
You are expected to come up with new and innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
Your hack must be developed entirely during the Hackathon duration. You may use open source libraries and other freely available systems / services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds etc., but you must comply with the relevant licences governing such libraries.
The intellectual property in the App that you submit during the build phase belongs to you / your team.
By participating in the hackathon, you agree to the terms and conditions that govern the challenge, as well as the terms and conditions of HackerEarth which will be facilitating the Challenge.
Visit the official website of the MTN MoMo Developer Hackathon 2019 for more information.
- Union Bank Management Trainee Programme 2020 for Nigerians
- Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge for Student 2020
- UNICEF Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge 2019/2020
- 2020 Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) Limited 1Year Post National Diploma Industrial Training Programme
- Government of Canada Recruitment of Policy Leaders (RPL) Program 2020
- Microsoft Software Engineering Internship Program 2020 for Nigerian
- 2020 Google AI Residency Research Training Program for Graduates
- Governance for Development in Africa Initiative Residential School 2020
- PZ Cussons Nigeria Engineering Graduate Trainee Program for Nigerian Graduates
- 2019 Bayelsa State Bursary Scheme For Undergraduate Degree for Poly & University Students