Last updated on July 13, 2020
NITDA Postgraduate Scholarships. National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) offers Scholarships in Information Technology AND Law.
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), with its mandate of transforming Nigeria into an IT driven economy for global competitiveness.
NITDA has since 2010 established a Scholarship Scheme for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) Degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) obtainable in Nigerian Universities.
The NITDA Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerians
- Offered annually? Yes
- Type: Masters, PhD
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- Number of Awards: Several
- Application Deadline: 21st November, 2020
- Eligible Subject Areas: Information Technology (IT), Law
- To be taken (University): Nigerian (Government and Private) Universities
- Sponsors: The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
- Duration: The Masters program will run for one year while the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
NITDA Selection Criteria
The scholarships will be strictly based on merit and cover the six Geo-political Zones of the country. The Agency will collaborate with the various institutions of higher learning within and outside the country to ensure that the scheme is successfully executed.
The NITDA Scholarship Eligibility
PhD: Only University and Polytechnic Lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
MSc: Holders of First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honors Bachelor’s degree, in Information Technology related field and Law.
How to Apply for The NITDA Postgraduate Scholarships
- Visit the scholarship application link (http://scholarship.nitda.gov.ng/Registration)
- Scan and attach your passport photograph (must be in jpg format) which should not be larger than 50kb.
- You should scan and convert your certificate to a PDF file which should not be larger than 100kb.
- A comprehensive Aptitude Test(s) will be conducted to determine successful candidates for the Award. Only candidates who are found eligible will be Shortlisted.
If you still have any questions or experience any difficulties with the application system, please email: email@example.com.