Ghanaian singer Fantana has finally opened up on why she performed with her sanitary pad showing.
The singer mad news after photos of her performing on stage at Shatta Wale’s concert emerged online with it showing her sanitary pad.
Fantana had donned a very short dress for the show, she showed off her thighs, making other things below her dress quite visible.
Read Also: Fans Blast Ghanaian Singer For Flashing Her Sanitary Pad While Perfoming In Skimpy Dress (Video)
Reacting to the photo, Fantana said her menstrual period came on few minutes before the show, so she had to perform like that.
In her words:”Regardless of my costume being transparent, my only option was to put on a sanitary pad and still go ahead to perform. I am a woman and I’m not ashamed of menstruating.
“I want to urge every woman to resist being discriminated against because of menstruation. I hope some people read wide and learn about menstrual health to stop the stereotype against young girls and women.
“Yes my menses appeared 30 minutes to my performance and I had to put on a sanitary pad and still go on stage.
“Menstruation is not a shame and I urge all young women take a cue from my actions and not to let it stop them from doing anything they want to do.”
- Zlatan Excited As Davido Takes Him, Crew On A Shopping Spree
- Female Naira Marley Emerges Online, Goes Viral
- ‘You Say You Are African Giant, Prove It’ – Rapper AKA Tells Burna Boy
- Burna Boy Replies AKA’s Apology Demand
- Tonto Dikeh Reacts As Fans Address Her As ‘King Tonto’ In Dubai
- ‘I Am Still Single And Probably Searching’, Says BBnaija’s Kim Oprah
- Social Media Agog As Footage Of Unhappy Bride Goes Viral (VIDEO)
- Nollywood Actress Tonto Dikeh Reveals Relationship With Ex-Mother-In-Law
- BBNaija Housemates And Celebrity Photographers At LFW 2019 Captured Through The Lens Of The Camon 12 Pro
- Why I Mention Dangote, Otedola In My Songs: Teni