Last updated on October 17, 2019
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support 120 talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become change-makers in their home countries.
Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year are awarded in collaboration with a network of partner institutions authorized to nominate candidates.
Sciences Po is the first university in continental Europe to join the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program. Within this international network, 27 prestigious institutions in Africa, America and Europe are committed to ensuring that all young people, whatever their background, have the same opportunities to get a quality education and fulfill their potential.
- Application Deadlines:
- Bachelor: 29th January, 2020
- Master: 5th December, 2019
- Offered Annually? Yes
- Eligible Countries: Africans
- Type: Bachelors, Masters
- To Be Taken At (Country): France
- Number of Awards: 120 for a period of 5 years.
- Value of Award: Thee scholarships cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study
- Duration of Program: The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School.
Over six years (2017 – 2022), the Scholars Program will fund:
- 20 scholarships to complete the Sciences Po Bachelor of Arts programme, Africa specialization
- 40 scholarships to complete a Master’s programme at one of our seven graduate schools
- 60 scholarships reserved for MasterCard Foundation Scholars studying at other partner universities and who would like to attend Sciences Po Summer School.
The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programme and individualized academic advising throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programme offered in collaboration with the Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to our business incubator and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
More information on the application and selection process and dates, also check the program website for more information:
- Eni Nigeria 2020 One-Year Post National Diploma Industrial Training Programme
- Ezera Research Fellowship 2020 for African Students
- 2020 Harambe Entrepreneur Alliance Scholarships for Africans
- UNU-EHS Fully-funded Scholarships for Developing Countries
- University of Derby Regional High Achievers Scholarship 2020/2021
- UNICEF Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge 2019/2020
- (MoBreed) Masters & PhD Scholarships for African Students
- Africa Energy Fellowship Program 2020 for Professionals
- Novo Nordisk International Talent Program 2019 – Denmark
- NITDA Postgraduate Scholarships 2019/2020 for Nigerians