Bauchi State Primary Health Care Development Agency says one more patient of yellow fever has died in Alkaleri Local Council of the state.
The Executive Chairman of the agency, Dr Rilwanu Mohammed, made this known at a news conference on Wednesday in Bauchi.
Mohammed said that the additional death brought to 17 deaths out of the 20 yellow fever cases recently recorded in 11 local government areas of the state.
He said 13 out of the dead were recorded in Alkaleri Local Government; one in Bauchi, one in Dass, one in Darazo and one in Ningi Local Council of the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the other local council areas affected are Gamawa, Jamare, Kirfi, Tafawa Balewa, Torro and Warji.
The outbreak of yellow fever occurred on Aug. 29 in Alkaleri Local Council of the state.
Meanwhile, the Bauchi State Ministry of Health, in collaboration with the agency and Bauchi State Agency for the Control of HIV, Malaria, Leprosy and Tuberculosis (BACATMA) have commenced fumigation in Alkaleri Local Government Agency.
During the fumigation in Alkaleri on Wednesday, the state Commissioner for Health, Hawal Jatau, said that the exercise was necessary due to additional cases recorded in the area.
The commissioner, who was represented by Dr Muhammad Alkali, said that the state Governor, Sen. Bala Mohammed, ordered the fumigation to check the spread.
Jatau said all the communities in Alkaleri would be covered and urged residents to report any sign of high fever by any member of the communities to authorities.
- NLC Speaks On Issuing Strike Notice
- Just In: Gunmen Injure School Principal, Kill Police Sergeant
- FG Set To Reduce Salaries, Allowances For Governors, Others
- Secret Recruitment: Job Scandal Rocks Nigerian Senate
- Full List Of Documents Required For National ID Card Enrollment
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Sends ‘Strong Message’ To Southeast Governors
- FG, Labour End Minimum Wage Meeting, Fresh Decision Taken
- How Buhari Has Improved Nigeria’s Security Situation – Lai Mohammed
- Rice Smuggling: Court Orders Freezing Of 45 Bank Accounts
- Donald Trump Set To Impose Stiffer Penalties On Turkish Government
- How Aisha Buhari Attacked Us In Aso Rock – Mamman Daura’s Daughter
- Journalist Reveals Dirty Secrets About Nigeria Police
- Its Wrong To Say 8th National Assembly Frustrated President Buhari – Clarke
- 2023: Power Won’t Return To North Until 50 Years – Fani-Kayode
- Budget 2020: Jonathan, IBB, Obasanjo, Others To Share N2.3 Billion
- 2020 Budget: Falana Tells Buhari Govt How To Fund Budget
- Sanusi Speaks On Sacking Aide For Celebrating Ganduje
- Just In: Boko Haram Leader Sends Message To Buhari, Borno Govt
- APC Reacts To Attack On Oshiomhole’s Residence, Tells IGP What To Do
- Why I Left Nigeria For Two Months – Aisha Buhari