Organizers of the music global award, Grammy, are presently considering Nigerian afrobeat singer, Yemi Alade, for an award this year.
Naija News understands that the Pop Queen who recently dropped her anticipated album, ‘Woman of Steel’, took to her Instagram account to celebrate the great news, adding that she aims to move her musical career to a global stage.
“We are up for Grammy Award consideration. Reaching out to all voting members @recordingacademy to consider my Album ‘Woman of Steel’ for Best World Music Album.
“This has been an incredible project and I would love to celebrate it with all of you.
Here is the IG Post were she celebrated her achievement.
We’re up for GRAMMY AWARD Consideration! ??✊? . . Reaching out to all voting members of @recordingacademy to consider my Album, Woman of Steel for Best World Music Album! . . “This has been an incredible project and I would love to celebrate it with all of you.” #Grammy2019 #GrammyAwards #WorldMusicGrammy @recordingacademy #fyc #WomanofSteel #yemialade
The choice of the afrobeat queen by the award company became imperative after her album received over a million global streams.
Also, been the first afrobeat female to have over 100 million views on a video, which is her hit single ‘Johnny’, may fetch her the recognition she deserves at the Grammys.
- Zlatan Excited As Davido Takes Him, Crew On A Shopping Spree
- Female Naira Marley Emerges Online, Goes Viral
- ‘You Say You Are African Giant, Prove It’ – Rapper AKA Tells Burna Boy
- Burna Boy Replies AKA’s Apology Demand
- Tonto Dikeh Reacts As Fans Address Her As ‘King Tonto’ In Dubai
- ‘I Am Still Single And Probably Searching’, Says BBnaija’s Kim Oprah
- Social Media Agog As Footage Of Unhappy Bride Goes Viral (VIDEO)
- Nollywood Actress Tonto Dikeh Reveals Relationship With Ex-Mother-In-Law
- BBNaija Housemates And Celebrity Photographers At LFW 2019 Captured Through The Lens Of The Camon 12 Pro
- Why I Mention Dangote, Otedola In My Songs: Teni